Character Limitations Dec 25, 2018 10:26:44 GMT -5
Post by Camelot on Dec 25, 2018 10:26:44 GMT -5
Below are a few restrictions we have in regards to characters to ensure we protect the originality of canons, avoid any plot mirroring, stick to the canon of the show, and ensure a balanced and fair environment for all! If you have any questions about anything below please feel free to send the admin a PM and we will answer any and all questions as best as we can! There are only three categories here, please skim them BEFORE posting your biography to help you get approved faster. These restrictions are only applicable for the canon role plays. AU plots may deviate from canon and thus, exceptions to these restrictions can be made for those out of canon plots!
Those highlighted in RED means we are currently not accepting characters of that kind, YELLOW means we are accepting them but will accept a limited number. This list will be frequently updated.
- Non Noble Knights- OC non noble knights are only accepting during Arthur's reign as king (most likely during the 3 years gap). Only a certain amount will be accepted to protect the originality of this position of knights who are of non noble blood.
- Knights of Camelot from Outside Camelot- The show talks of the knights code that was put in place by Uther to avoid spies and traitors from other kingdoms. Therefore, any knights of Camelot (apart from the canon exceptions like Gwaine and Percival) must have been born in Camelot during Uther's reign. When Arthur was king, there may have been a few exceptions and we will be allowing a limited number of knights in this position to maintain the unique notion of knights of Camelot being from other regions.
- Nomadic Royals and Nobles- Royals or nobles who fled their kingdoms, whether it be by force to free will, and are living as nomads, citizens, or peasants is something that is uncommon during this time period, and in order to keep this a rarity (as well as respect canons from the show such as Gwaine who is secretly of noble birth) we are going to be limiting those who follow this similar plot.
- Servants With Magic In Camelot-In order to protect the role that Merlin was to the show, and the weight of being so rare in a city that hated his kind, we are currently not allowing other servants working in Camelot Castle to have magic! Servants outside of it are welcome, but not ones tending to the royal Pendragon family.
- Knights With Magic In Camelot-As knights were seen as among the most loyal people to their king, it would create too much of a contradiction to allow a character to be a knight in a kingdom where magic is banned and aggressively carries out these laws.
- Royal and Non Royal Relationships-This is something extremely rare and as it was a huge deal and life changing to the customs and traditions of this time period when Arthur and Guinevère got married. We will not be permitting any noble/royal and non noble[/royal OCs and/or canons (unless seen on the show) to be involved in romantic relationships. This is only for canon verse; in the AU board you are welcome to explore all sorts of romantic relationships including this dynamic!
- Natural Magic-Is not allowed in OCs at all. Only canons who where shown in the show are allowed to have natural magic. Natural magic is the skill of using magic with out the need of words, or training. (IE: Morgana is a seer, Merlin is a Dragon Lord). The exception to this are those born as a different 'race' so to speak (i.e. faeiries, priests, priestesses, etc).