Lady Morgana LeFay Feb 22, 2011 15:45:15 GMT -5
Post by mysery on Feb 22, 2011 15:45:15 GMT -5
| ~ • ~ | Character Basics | ~ • ~ |
.:Name of Character:. Morgana LeFay
.:Nick Name:. Morgs (only if you're looking for pain) or my Lady
.:Age:. 20 years old
.:Status:. Lady / Ward of Uther, King of Camelot| ~ • ~ | Appearance | ~ • ~ |
.:Physical Appearance:. Morgana is a lady in every sense of the word. She lifts her head high and has perfect posture from being raised a noble. Though her jaw is somewhat square, and becomes even more pronounced when she is angry, she still has the softness of femininity, highlighted mostly by her eyes and full lips. Her complexion is smooth and unblemished, and her hair falls in long dark waves, which curl ever so slightly, to her waist. Her hands are elegant, as a lady's should be, with just a fine web of lines across them, earned mostly from sword fighting with Arthur when they were younger. Morgana is a regal woman, who holds herself proudly and demands respect as soon as she enters a room. She is often seen dressed in high quality dresses, with her hair either let loose or pulled back. Morgana also has no aversion to wearing mens clothing when she fights. Her hands, if not occupied, are often held folded in front of her as she was taught as a child.
.:Height:. 5 ft 7 inches
.:Portrayed by:. The stunning Katie McGrath| ~ • ~ | Personality | ~ • ~ |
.:Personality:. Morgana is a very strong willed person. Even from childhood, she was a firm follower of standing up for what one believes in. Uther himself often mentioned that she always challenged him and kept him on his toes. She is also determined and what one might call bloody minded. Once she starts herself on a path, nothing will stand in her way. This trait has been demonstrated by her many times, most often in her previously mentioned challening of her King, and Arthur, whom she has no qualms about nudging in the right direction. Or calling a downright idiot when he wont listen to reason.
Morgana is fiercely protective of those she cares about, however she isnt totally heartless and only seeks to make a better world for everyone. The Lady is a fierce friend, loyal to a fault, and willing to do anything for those she cares about. If one is lucky enough to be called her friend, they should consider it an honor as she will never abandon or desert you. Morgana's personality instills in her not only determination, but a certain ruthlessness that makes her a dangerous woman. She is cunning and smart, which makes her infinitinely more devious than a normal enemy. Not to mention the backing of the King and Prince means she is one woman that should not be crossed. Ever.
.:Strengths:. Strong willed, brave, learned sword user, intelligent, loyal to a fault, diplomatic (sometimes)
.:Weaknesses:. Stubborn, sewing (she never got the hang of it), easily angered, lack of propriety (sometimes), ignores rules
.:Magic Abilities:. Morgana, mostly unknown to herself, is a Seer. She has been troubled by nightmares as of late, and has slowly come to realise that her dreams are in fact prophetic visions of the future. This realisation has frightened her, as she knows Uther's policy when it comes to magic, however it has led her to a place of better understanding that sometimes magic chooses you. Not the other way around. She does not yet know the extent of her powers, however her dreams have become clearer to her and she is slowly exploring their potential, despite her fear.
.:Special Skills:. Though not as extensively trained as Arthur, Morgana is quite knowledgable and talented with swords. She is able to wield them quite well and learned mostly from the Prince when they were young.
.:Accents:. Though she was born in Camelot, Morgana's mother initially hailed from another land and, as such, had an accent her daughter quickly picked up. It is a mixture of a highborn English accent and Irish brogue, which becomes far more apparent when she speaks in fits of anger.| ~ • ~ | History | ~ • ~ |
.:Birthplace:. Kingdom of Camelot
- Uther Pendragon - Guardian: Uther was close friends with Gorlois, Morgana's father, and a knight of Camelot. While away in battle, he was killed, however Uther had promised to look after Morgana should anything happen to him. So, upon his death, Morgana was brought to Camelot and adopted as Uther's daughter and ward. Growing up, she often challenged the King, and still does. She does not fear him quite as much as others in the court, and holds no worries about standing up to him should it be required. She is bold, and forthcoming about her own views and beliefs, even if they clash with the King's. She honestly believes in doing what is right, no matter the consequences.
- Arthur Pendragon - Adoptive Brother: Arthur and Morgana, though not related by blood, treat each other as one would expect a brother and sister pair. With thinly veiled insults and a preparation to kill anyone who hurts the other. She see's Arthur as someone she can trust explicitly, though they do clash over Uther's views sometimes as Arthur seeks to uphold it, and Morgana snorts at them.
- Gorlois Le Fay - Father: Morgana's father was killed in battle when she was ten years old. She has few memories of him, however the ones she does possess are of a strong, brave man who was loyal to Uther and a close friend of the King. She loved him dearly, and she often visits his resting place. Discussing his death fills her with a great sadness and she often goes quiet at mentions of him.
- Vivienne Le Fay - Mother: Her mother passed away from illness two years before Gorlois died in battle. Again, Morgana remembers little of her, but she adored her nonetheless. Though she knows little about her, she strives to be a good lady to make her mother proud of her even in death.
- Guinevère: Gwen is Morgana's closest friend, aside from Arthur, and their friendship has blossomed out of their relationship as Lady and Maidservant bringing them together at a young age. Morgana spares little thought for status between them, and often insists that Gwen call her by name rather than title. Morgana was angry at Uther for treating Gwen as he did and executing her father, though she spent all the time she could with her to comfort her friend. Guinevère is one person Morgana would die for and would never think of betraying. They often share jokes and castle gossip and Morgana loves the flowers Gwen often brings her.
- Merlin: Though her time with Merlin is considerably less than with Gwen or Arthur, Morgana still considers him a friend. He has always been a willing ear for her when she was troubled, and she feels a connection with him, though it is only subtle. He has always been willing to help her and she admires his bravery in doing what is right and just. As a result, Morgana counts him as one of her true friends.
.:Occupation:. Lady of Camelot, Uther's Ward
.:Current Location of Residence:. Camelot Castle
.:History:. Morgana was born to Vivienne and Gorlois Le Fay, and grew up within Camelot happily. Vivienne passed away when Morgana was only eight years old, leaving her father to raise her alone. He never took another wife, and dedicated his life to his daughter and the protection of Camelot. He however was killed in battle around Morgana's tenth birthday.
Feeling guilty for sending his closest friend to his death, and per the promise Gorlois had extracted from him, Uther took Morgana in and raised her as his daughter and ward. Being an only child, Morgana was used to being by herself. A fact which changed drastically with the sudden addition of a new brother, whom she quickly grew to love, even if he frayed her nerves somewhat and they always exchanged insults.
Morgana grew into a beautiful young woman and was well respected throughout all of Camelot. She was referred to as the Lady Morgana and was often seen by King Uther and Prince Arthur's sides. Since Camelot has no Queen, she often stands in as the 'Lady of Camelot'. She is considered by many to be very beautiful and has attracted the attention of numerous men. However Morgana was much more than just a pretty face; she was fiery and independent, which has led to the driving off of most potential suitors seeking her hand. A fact she is, in no small way, proud of. From a young age, Morgana has had troublesome dreams, but only of late have they become tangible and presented the possibility of being more than simple nightmares.
When her maidservant's father was put to death for the supposed use of sorcery, Morgana's anger at Uther became far more tangible. She even went as far as plotting to have him killed, however she changed her mind at the last moment when she saw he was truly sorry. Now, Morgana finds her troubled on the subject of magic, as it has become apparent she herself possesses some gifts.
She does not know what the future holds for her, but she plans to meet it head on anyway and simply live her life the way she deems fit.
[Not sure how far in we are, so I'll leave it there]